Tuesday 25 September 2012

To Pee or Not to Pee? That is the question.


Amelie has lost a few words, we noticed this week, but we are hoping they are just on lay-away and will return again in the near future with any luck :) . So what has happened this week? Well we went to mother and toddler group last Wednesday where Amelie ate all around her (that's my girl :D) She has been really trying with her walking and only holding on with one hand, which is a massive milestone for her. On Saturday we had a family day where we just took a stroll, played some games and watched Dr.Who. Amelie loved watching us playing Hungry Hippos and even got to join in for a little she really enjoyed banging the heck of of it. :) So she was in Enable Ireland today for Physio and her PT thinks she has improved, her knees aren't as bowed and although they still lock, she doesn't do it quite so often. Her ankles are getting stronger and her muscle tone is strengthening. YEAHHHH. She is waiting to see an Ostio about Peidro Boots and maybe a walking frame. But for the moment she is doing good.......... Last night while we waited for the shower to heat I thought that I would try Amelie on the toilet :/ I know! I know! CRAZY.. But she was standing there with nothing on and the toilet was there so I sat her on to see her reaction. I told her to go wee wee if she wanted and then all of a sudden I could see little drops, SHE WAS PEEING! Arrr haha. So then this evening she came into the kitchen with her nappy full as a tick, so while I was changing her I decided to put her on the toilet again, and again she peed! Yeah!!!!! Then just before bed I was changing her nappy and I put her on the toilet to see if she would do it again, and she did another wee wee! Followed by a poo!!!! I nearly died, her daddy and me were sitting there amazed and she looked so proud, leaned over and grabbed the toilet roll!!! HAHA We are going to keep it up seeing as she doesn't hate it! But finally she has done something BEFORE her sisters ever did! Go Kiki xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment