Tuesday 21 August 2012

What a difference a day makes.

Well now where do I start? Your prayers must have been answered because yesterday was so different than the day before. Yes she got me up at 5 am yesterday and had a little hissy fit at Eddie Rockets in Dublin but that was it. We went to visit some friends in the morning, and I was dreading her behaviour to be honest. They have two young kids a 2.5 year old and a 3 week old, I was so afraid that with her moods being so bad lately that she would be off hitting them all, but no she was great. Yes she had to be taken for a walk to calm her down but that was because she was tired, but other than that she was great. We then made our way to Dublin to the chairty football match in Croke Park in aid of Rett Syndrome Ireland, we were early so decided to go to lunch in Eddie Rockets (like my figure need that!!) and she was ok once she got her food but she was shouting and screaming watching everyone elses food coming out first! Whoops, someone has no patients?? We then made our way to the hotel and stadium, she was great.. She talked to everyone, she looked at the other girls and I believe she was taking it all in. Jesus it was something meeting Rett girls of all ages and of all abilities. It was a little frightening but I just needed to adjust as one of the other parents had said to me. Hard to imagine Amelie being like that but I suppose all the parents there thought that at some stage. They were all amazing, confident people who seemed to be well adjusted to their new reality, so I suppose that we will just adjust too. It is a little difficult at the moment as Amelie is just so active, and has such a huge spark, she is just so little, acting like a little baby I suppose all we can hope for is the miracle of a cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment